Is there a way to keep the screen "always on" while charging, without changing the screen timeout time? Thanks!

...fmichigan, I ran with your thread format
    07-22-2010 01:27 PM
    Possibly with a hack but out of the box - no. I would not advise you not to do so with this display. Other screens of this type have suffered from "ghosting" and screen burn.
    07-22-2010 01:45 PM
    That's a good question, I've got many more since switching from Blackberry.

This site is amazing for helping out new users.
    07-22-2010 01:46 PM
    Id love to do that as well, I liked that about the Backflip.
    07-22-2010 08:38 PM
    I believe there is an option to have the screen always on while charging. Check in your options. I do believe it is there.

Edit: Ehh, i just looked and cant find it. Although When I leave mine on charging, it stays on. And I can push lock button to turn the screen off and back on. Ill have to check if it constantly stays on though.
    07-22-2010 09:21 PM
    silly question, but why do you want the screen on all the time while charging?
    07-22-2010 11:27 PM
    Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake
    07-22-2010 11:29 PM
    silly question, but why do you want the screen on all the time while charging?
    clock app maybe? with how this thing does blacks I want to do the same, but the comment about burning in the screen does scare me a little.
    07-23-2010 12:27 AM
    clock app maybe? with how this thing does blacks I want to do the same, but the comment about burning in the screen does scare me a little.
    Like I said, I'd advise against it.
    07-23-2010 06:33 PM
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but the Stay Awake option is missing from the 2.2 update. I found this very useful for keeping the screen awake while plugged in and driving. I could just glance at the traffic on googlemaps, or tap the skip button in music player, or have ANY app stay awake so I could just glance at it without having to find the power button and swipe the lockscreen away which takes my eyes off the road. So now I'm back to that mess, or using car mode, which has limited apps fixed to it.

Is the setting in a different place or just gone, and if its gone, is there a workaround? Is this in all 2.2 updates, or just on captivate? Is it the same for 2.2.1? Really annoying that they removed a feature I used everyday!
    02-26-2011 12:02 PM
    You can set that value with Tasker.
    02-28-2011 09:12 AM
    I use an app called "StayAwake" by runks. Freebie and does exactly what you need. I drive all day and need my captivate to stay on.. don't really care if the screen burns or not.. they make more phones all the time!
    Grady White likes this.
    03-02-2011 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD