Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I? Keep the screen "always on" while charging?

Is there a way to keep the screen "always on" while charging, without changing the screen timeout time? Thanks!

...fmichigan, I ran with your thread format
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Possibly with a hack but out of the box - no. I would not advise you not to do so with this display. Other screens of this type have suffered from "ghosting" and screen burn.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

That's a good question, I've got many more since switching from Blackberry.

This site is amazing for helping out new users.

Id love to do that as well, I liked that about the Backflip.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I believe there is an option to have the screen always on while charging. Check in your options. I do believe it is there.

Edit: Ehh, i just looked and cant find it. Although When I leave mine on charging, it stays on. And I can push lock button to turn the screen off and back on. Ill have to check if it constantly stays on though.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 07-22-2010 at 09:28 PM.

silly question, but why do you want the screen on all the time while charging?

Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

Quote Originally Posted by cobra302 View Post
    silly question, but why do you want the screen on all the time while charging?
    clock app maybe? with how this thing does blacks I want to do the same, but the comment about burning in the screen does scare me a little.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by likesbluemonsters View Post
    clock app maybe? with how this thing does blacks I want to do the same, but the comment about burning in the screen does scare me a little.
    Like I said, I'd advise against it.

Default Froyo 2.2 Stay Awake setting removed

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the Stay Awake option is missing from the 2.2 update. I found this very useful for keeping the screen awake while plugged in and driving. I could just glance at the traffic on googlemaps, or tap the skip button in music player, or have ANY app stay awake so I could just glance at it without having to find the power button and swipe the lockscreen away which takes my eyes off the road. So now I'm back to that mess, or using car mode, which has limited apps fixed to it.

Is the setting in a different place or just gone, and if its gone, is there a workaround? Is this in all 2.2 updates, or just on captivate? Is it the same for 2.2.1? Really annoying that they removed a feature I used everyday!

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

You can set that value with Tasker.

I use an app called "StayAwake" by runks. Freebie and does exactly what you need. I drive all day and need my captivate to stay on.. don't really care if the screen burns or not.. they make more phones all the time!
    Thanked by: