Post your Samsung Captivate Screenshots!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can take screen shots with a computer and not have to root the phone.
What you need:
Phone with USB Debugging on (settings, applications, development)
Android SDK installed (Windows, you need to install the JavaDK first, its on the website)

Once you have the SDK setup:
Plug in Phone, you should get some kind of notification that USB debugging is on.
Open up the SDK--Tools folder and double click on DDMS
let it load, and you should see a program load with your device in the top left box, click on it.
Then click on Devices--Screen Capture--Save
There you go... it sounds like a lot more work than it really is. I still use this method though, and I have a Rooted phone (Hero, not Captivate), figured I'd throw you guys a bone to get this thread to take off!

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets has lots of posts in the reviews of the time and temp not working correctly - they also say they are working on a big update. Might want to wait for that

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Currently using 5 screens, ADW as my Launcher. It seems a lot faster than TouchWiz, and you can add a 5x4 grid which I prefer. I will try to order the screens just as they appear on my device. Home in the middle, 2 screens on each side.

Outdoors & Fitness <== Internet <== Home ==> Productivity ==> Media & Games

clipse#CB

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Here are all my screens from left to right. Center is my home screen.

CAP201007271203.jpg

CAP201007271201.jpg

CAP201007270931.jpg

CAP2010072712021.jpg

CAP201007271203.jpg

I really like having this in landscape mode for the homescreens.

Last edited:

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't understand the need for taking up additional screen real estate to put a second clock on the screen. There's one in the upper corner. I don't need a giant rendition of the time staring me in the face when a quick glance to the corner will do.

void.pointer

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't understand the need for taking up additional screen real estate to put a second clock on the screen. There's one in the upper corner. I don't need a giant rendition of the time staring me in the face when a quick glance to the corner will do.

I tend to agree for the most part, except when I need to know the date. Also I've been looking for a way to possibly remove the clock on the notification bar entirely, although there doesn't seem to be a way to do this at the moment.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I use a small-size Beautiful Widget with time, date, and weather, and it gives links to my calendar, clock, and a nice weather overview, and a bigger but not huge clock. All things considered, it is nicer than having the icons for those apps on the screen. If you use LauncherPro and set it display 5 rows then it really doesn't take much space and looks pretty sharp.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What I don't understand is keeping the Google Search bar onscreen, as there is a key specifically for that, which is much quicker to access than going to the screen and clicking in the field.

cyraxx

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
What is the widget in the last screen right below "SKOOL!!"...with the battery and available space. I like that. Also, what's the calendar widget on the first screen?