1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    ROM
    GR-12

Default Bedside mode?

This is sort of related to this thread - How do I? Keep the screen "always on" while charging?

I'd like to have the "bedside mode" like the original Droid has or my BB had. For example, on my old BB Storm, at a certain time the phone would go into bedtime mode. If on the charger, the clock would display dimmed and all sounds, except calls would be silenced.

I can't even figure out a way to manually make the clock stay on the display when the phone is charging.

Any tips or apps?
    Last edited by cyberranger; 07-23-2010 at 07:56 AM.

I saw a "docking station" app listed (sorry, don't have a link), that is supposed to be used along with the Galaxy charging doc. Perhaps that may be configured to do what you want, even if you don't have the dock itself...

Chris.

Not sure if this is what you're after, but i tried the free 'Night Clock' tool from the Market.
    I set the color to red, and set it to dim: you can swipe one way across the clock display to make it brighter, and the other way to make it dimmer. I like it. However, until the Samsung charger dock is back in stock, I'll have to lean the Captivate against a couple of books stacked on the nightstand for easy checking during the night. Landscape mode gives bigger numbers (too bright for me) than portrait orientation (just right).

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Maybe try the dock utility designed for our phones. It's in the market. Search for Captivate and you will see Desk Home Samsung Captivate as well as Car Home and Quickoffice for Captivate.
    Thanked by:

Check out the Alarm Clock Plus V2 app. It will automatically go into a bedside mode with clock (including a night dimmer) or slideshow when plugged into the charger. Plus, you can configure it to start any program of your choice when plugged into the charger.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    ROM
    GR-12

Thanks zer0chance. That's excellent!

Default Night Clock

I'm back - after some experimentation, I find that Night Clock drains 40% of battery life overnight! I guess that's not surprising since the screen is on continuously. I can't wait for the cradle/dock to come back in stock so i can use the clock in the Desk Home app.