How do I: Sync contacts

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just recently bought a Captivate. It should be coming in the mail soon, and am just getting ready for it. I had an iPhone 3GS before, and have all my contacts sync'd with Address Book on my Mac. Is there any way to sync my Captivate's contacts with that?

I don't mind using any other syncing program to sync em either, if it matters. I just have a lot of contacts, so it could take a while to manually enter them all.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just recently bought a Captivate. It should be coming in the mail soon, and am just getting ready for it. I had an iPhone 3GS before, and have all my contacts sync'd with Address Book on my Mac. Is there any way to sync my Captivate's contacts with that?

I don't mind using any other syncing program to sync em either, if it matters. I just have a lot of contacts, so it could take a while to manually enter them all.

Do you have an ATT store nearby?
They can sync the contacts for you...

Or, I believe you can put them on your SIM card, but the SIM doesn't hold all contact information, so you'll lose linked pictures, etc.

I have not tried the AT&T address book as of yet, maybe that's a solution...

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
There's no other way to do it other than via AT&T store? (No, the nearest AT&T store is quite far away for me)

I mean, I have them on my computer. There should be a way to sync Android with my computer, right?

jblaze5779

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
go to itunes and tell it to sync your contacts with windows contacts. Then tell windows to export them to a folder as vcards. Then place the vcard folder onto your phone via usb transfer. Then in the captivate go to import, and select as vcards. the phone should search and find your vcards and import them accordingly.

I just came to android from a 3g btw.

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out by exporting the VCard, and then importing it to Google Contacts.

I'm sure I can sync that with Android right?

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My problem was how to synch all my contact as well as ALL info (pics, addresse, email, etc) from my T- Mobile HTC HD2 > my new Captivate. Even worse than your problem, as I was going from a complete different carrier as well as the Window Mobile OS. Problem solved! I used BT>BT to push all VCF files over. It placed them into the BT directory, and the email program allowed me to import them. And low and behold, ALL info was there!!!! Even the pics.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out by exporting the VCard, and then importing it to Google Contacts.

I'm sure I can sync that with Android right?

Yes, this is how I originally did it from Palm Pre to Hero. When you boot up the phone for the first time, sign in with the google account you have your contacts on, and it will load the contacts to the phone automatically as you're setting up the other screens. you can also sync whatever calendar you use with the google calendar and that will be sent to the phone, including alerts.

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha. That works for you...too bad the iPhone is so crippled it can't send contacts over BT.

I am sorry to hear that. As not ever having owned, or wanted one, never realized how crippled it is. But I always thought of those as more a toy, iTunes with voice and social, thana real smartphone. I was just offering a suggestion that I had hoped would help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital