Youtube app freezes when trying to log in

scoot05redss

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
So I'm an Android Newb. Just get my captivate yesterday. I got my wife one and myself one. Among the many questions I have, the most concerning is, why does my youtube app freeze, and have to be force closed, when I try to log into my account? I used my wife's and I'm able to log in no problem. The only difference is I have a few different apps then her, but the problem has occurred since I purchased the phone. Is there anyway to uninstall and reinstall this native application? Thanks in advance guys!

scoot05redss

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, im coming from blackberry, so the first thing i did was a reboot then battery pull (probably useless but hard to break an old habit). Still no luck, any other ideas?

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Heh, me too (coming from Blackberry)...since I'm new to Android, I'm not sure what else you could do...I guess all you can do is wait for others to chime in, or ask at the Xda Developers forum too...

scoot05redss

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
LOL, Man I miss my BB but this Captivate is pretty awesome! I'll wait or post over there as well, I did root the device. Because I would definitely like to begin sideloading apps and things like that!

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
LOL, Man I miss my BB but this Captivate is pretty awesome! I'll wait or post over there as well, I did root the device. Because I would definitely like to begin sideloading apps and things like that!

Ha, I feel the same way...haven't rooted, not sure I will or not

scoot05redss

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
HMMM,Been playing with it today and still the same thing. I've even tried logging into someone else's account and it freezes on that one too! I really hope someone has some ideas! Thanks!

reddtomato

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Captivate. When I try to login it just turns to a black screen and nothing happens until I force close it.

Mob

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
This is happening to my Captivate as well... what the hell? Anyone have a fix besides factory reset? I have too much data on it to reset right now if I don't have to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12