| || |
3G and Wifi on simultaneously
Forgive me if this is obvious, but I'm an Android and data plan newbie. This is the behavior I'm seeing with regards to 3G and Wifi and I'm hoping someone can tell me if it's normal:
- Got my phone on Thursday and set up Wifi. The 3G symbol stays on, but it seems to be doing all data transfer through Wifi. I know that 3G is used to make calls as well, so I figure it's only going to 3G if I use voice.
- When I check the phone in the morning, either after charging or just sitting unplugged, I unlock it to find that only Wifi is enabled. (Have not tried to make a call with only Wifi on).
- I read that enabling Wifi will disable 3G and vice versa, so to check my 3G connection, I disable the Wifi and the 3G symbol comes back on. I reenable Wifi, but the 3G symbol stays on.
- It's definitely using Wifi for data when both are turned on, so I'm not worried that it's using the wrong data connection.
- I've verified that my 3G is working properly as well when I'm away from Wifi.
This is the behavior I've observed in the last 3 days/nights since I got the phone. Does Android turn off 3G if the phone sits for without use for a while to conserve power automatically and that's why I'm seeing only Wifi in the morning?
Let me know if I need to provide any more information. Thanks!