Look What I Stumbled Upon: More on the GPS Issue & Samsung

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X is a work of art in design and function (Unlike the original..sorry but the keyboard was HORRIBLE). It will be amazing with Froyo and eventually Gingerbread I hope..

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'd have a Droid X if I were with Verizon.
The funny thing is, even with a funky GPS, the Captivate is still the best device on AT&T! :p

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that is even making me look away from the X is the locked bootloader. It doesn't mean anything to me now, but 14-18 months into the product life, it is probably going to need some good old fashioned home cooking to keep it current. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even question my decision. I've got until September before I upgrade, so lots of time to figure it out.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Screen on the Captivate is much better then on the X. The Superamoled is in a class all its own when it comes to display technology. Combined with the Hummingbird processor the Captivate has superior GPU performance as well when running games and running GPU benchmark neocore.

The Samsung Glaxy S line of phone sis the better buy in my opinion.

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Translation of Samsung's statement:
"We are telling you something to shut you up for a while because we don't know what to do. Please don't return your phones."

AndroidForMe

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If you are on Verizon then definitely get the Droid X, my cousin has one and with both of our phones side by side his GPS locked our position instantly to 5 meters while my Captivate took more than a minute and it was to 30 meters. Really a joke.

retnuh

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused, but then that's normal for me. What is the problem with the Captivate's GPS? I bought mine about three days ago and every time I check the accuracy of the GPS, it is within 10' of where I'm standing. The phone has 2.1 os.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Alot of the phones that were first made can not even get a lock, and if they do it is very terrible. It is an actual problem but not devices have them. It seems to be more of the ones that first came out compared to what is pushed out now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non