Any way to view Facebook standalone

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to view Facebook as a standalone and not always go thru Feeds and Updates. I have the same question regarding Twitter.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
OK I am dumb, where is the standalone app? Do I have to download it or is it hidden somewhere else? Also what about Twitter?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Why? I can always login and get those if I need them from the Facebook site.

The fb site I believe is diff from the phone setting. When you go to your contact manager the device will not sync the photos and numbers to your device if you do not have a fb app on the device.

Having a fb app allows for contacts pics and numbers to be synced with contacts manager of your device.

Some people just like having their contacts pictures and numbers sync with their device. You may feel more comfortable logging into the browser and drilling down for this information but others may find it more convenient to have an auto sync occur.

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess you're right. I've never bothered with assigning photos to contacts, but if I did it would be easier with the app than it would to do it manually.

For phone numbers, though, I have the ones I need on my phone and if I need to look one up, I do and then I save it.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok just did some thorough research on this issue using the Captivate. It appears Touchwiz is screwy when working with facebook data. Its default pre loaded app does a decent job at syncing contacts. Was a bit buggy and I was not pleased with syncing issues.

The fb app itself fromt he market doesn't play well with Touch Wiz. My Droid running stock 2.1 Vanilla Android had no problems sycing contacts pics and numbers to my contacts already on the device. In my opinion the easier way to accomplish getting contact info synched and doing it quickly.

The Touchwiz app itself allows you to go in and select each contact you want synced. While Touchwiz news and feeds app appears to work the default fb app running on vanilla android is the less painful solution.

I will explore other alternatives and reply back later.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie