Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music Sync through USB

I installed the driver and connecting the phone to PC. It asks for the mode of connection and whatever I select nothing happens...
    If I open the WMP i don't see the device.. It not even available as a drive
    Can somebody please give the detailed steps on how I can connect my phone to PC to sync the music

i'm having the same issue. please help

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sskaradi View Post
    I installed the driver and connecting the phone to PC. It asks for the mode of connection and whatever I select nothing happens...
    If I open the WMP i don't see the device.. It not even available as a drive
    Can somebody please give the detailed steps on how I can connect my phone to PC to sync the music
    Pull down your notification bar and click on usb and press mount.

If you select Media player your device is seen as a media player in my computer, but you get no drive letters. If you select Mass Storage, your device will be seen with one or more drive letters - but you have to pull down the notification bar and choose to mount in order for windows to see the drives as NON-empty.

On my PC, Windows Media Player Library sees my device when in Media Player mode:
    SGH-i897 Phone
    SGH-i897 card

If i click on one of these it tells me to click on the Sync tab to view files and sync.

Do you see any errors or unknown devices in Device Manager?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thank you, now when i select as mass storage device and mount the device I am able to sync the files using the media player...:-)

But when i select the sync option as Media Player i don't get the option to mount the device. When i pull the notification bar and hit the USB connection nothing happens, same thing for Samsung Kies as well.

Can somebody please provide details on how to sync the device as media player...

Quote Originally Posted by sskaradi View Post
    thank you, now when i select as mass storage device and mount the device I am able to sync the files using the media player...:-)

But when i select the sync option as Media Player i don't get the option to mount the device. When i pull the notification bar and hit the USB connection nothing happens, same thing for Samsung Kies as well.

Can somebody please provide details on how to sync the device as media player...
    As I mentioned above - when I select the Media Player option (there is no pulldown at all on the phone) the PC sees the device as a media player in my computer. The phone gets a big USB plug on it, and you can't access the pulldown.

What does device manager show? Which drivers did you install?