weather apps on your Captivate..

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey peeps, just got mine Friday and tried some of the weather apps that don't work. Guess because their free. Anyway looking for weather apps that works even if it costs. Was wondering if anyone can recommend one that works with the Cap, especially befre i buy it and find out its not compatible or doesnt work..thanks for any response.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Weather Bug Elite is great, maybe not the prettiest, but I also own Beautiful Weather and it is buggy and eats batteries.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i'm using beautiful widgets and that has a built in weather app. you can set the times for it to update and it looks great. you can customize the look to whatever you want. besides that i have installed the weather channel app. it does pretty much all i need.

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I use the Weather Channel App and really like it.

I don't get the need for a weather widget to tell me what conditions are at all times...and constantly use battery. I can look out the window if I need that. I just want one for forecasts and severe weather.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've got Weather Channel App as well, and use the long widget that comes with it. Seems to work pretty well, a tad slow switching between cities sometimes, but seems to keep the weather up to date. Also seems to be as accurate as weather prediction ever is...

psonio7

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Tried Weatherbug, Weather Channel, and Accuweather (and variants of). The one I actually use with a widget on the home page updating hourly is the Accuweather Quick. I like them simple and when you click it, you get the whole page, one more click and you are at Accuweathers mobile site in the browser. Uninstalled the other 2.

valueman

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You just need to try a few and pick the one YOU like. I use Weather Bug Elite and I really like it, but there are several pretty good weather Alps.