SMS quit working

smurph#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
For some reason last I stopped receiving text messages. I know several people have sent me messages. I've checked settings on Handcent and the standard messaging app, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Smurph

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
check wireless.att.com and make sure it's on.

try to do a hard cycle on your phone (battery pull)

then try typing #002# and hitting dial (phone app), reboot and try again

also, try to remove it and then add it again.

hope that helps.

smurph#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with AT&T for about 40 minutes on Friday. No luck! The rep said take it back to the store. As I left my office for the store, I received 30 text messages. I don't know what the rep did, but it started working. I took it back to the store and they would not give me a new phone.

Within 30 days, do I have to give a reason to replace the phone?

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me once, except I couldn't send text messages. I was about to call AT&T, but decided to try something. I went in and out of airplane mode, and it was working again. And it hasn't repeated the problem since...weird

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with AT&T for about 40 minutes on Friday. No luck! The rep said take it back to the store. As I left my office for the store, I received 30 text messages. I don't know what the rep did, but it started working. I took it back to the store and they would not give me a new phone.

Within 30 days, do I have to give a reason to replace the phone?

I had this problem, and it was not the phone.

CALL TECH SUPPORT! Not customer support.

Tell them that you want your line "refreshed" and that this happened to a friend (me) and when they refreshed my line it fixed the problem.

EDIT: Sorry, i just read your post fully. But trust me, it's not the phone, it's ATT not setting up your new SIM card right when you got the new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674