Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problems below 10%

OK first I love my captivate, and my battery has gotten a while lot better than the first week of use. But is there a way to let the phone keep working normal after 10% battery? Camera wont work and I've found a few other Apps that just won't function if the battery is not above 10% can this be fixed with a root or something?

i doubt it. i haven't tried with my captivate but i do know that on my old blackberry the camera flash would shut off, then the camera function would shut down... as the battery drains the phone would do what it could to maintain ''phone'' functions opposed to other functions

Likely the lack of functionality is to ensure data integrity, in the event of rapid battery usage prior to shutdown.

AoN
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hmmm oh well. Kinda annoying but I can deal. LOL. Do all android phones do this?

at least the radio doesnt shut off like my blackberry used to so you can actually still make calls or send texts

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I remember having a "blackberry clock" when i was low on juice as well...

Default Re: problems below 10%

Ha ha! Couldn't make calls but still had just enough juice to get in a few rounds of Brick Breaker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Once my phone hits 5%, it wont allow me to play music but I can play Asphalt 5 or any other games. Then it keeps popping up with battery low charge now pop up.. The sad part is yeah when the battery got to around 5% on the bb, it would actually turn off all connections *network, wifi, and blue tooth.. But you could still play music until it shut off or play games. More and more use of my Captivate, I do not miss the BB...

Cheers,
    Charlie