Settings with a mind of there own.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got the new Samsung Galaxy S "Captivate" for At&t. Because of the relatively low battery life i went into the display and sound settings, unchecked the "autoadjust screen brightness" option and then turned the slider for brightness all the way down. However, every couple of days the slider works its way back up again to around halfway brightness without me doing anything. The "autoadjust" checkbox remains unchecked. How/why is this happening? Also, this same thing happens with the System Volume slider. What can i do about this?

nanodroid

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Brightness - You're probably grabbing the notification area and swiping it left/right which does adjust brightness. I accidentally do the same... wish we can turn it off.

System volume - Could be Google Navigation. It maxes out the system volume for some reason and doesn't restore it.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
thanks, im pretty sure you're right about the notifications bar, i never knew it did that and that is a pain. as is google nav...i assume it does that for if voice navigation is enabled, coule be wrong tho.