Facebook Event to Calendar

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Captivate on AT&T, running 2.1

My facebook events are coming up as odd times on any widget or app calendar I have on my phone.
Example: I have a facebook event that I have accepted yes for at 6:00PM on Thursday night. On the facebook website it shows that it is at 6:00PM. On my phones browser viewing the mobile website (both touch and full version) it shows the event at 6:00PM. If I view the event on the Facebook App it shows the event at 8:00PM???
So that is already odd.
From there, I use the stock option on my phones sync setting to sync facebook contacts and calendar. When it places the event on my stock calendar on the phone, it shows that it is at 6:00PM. If I add a different application calendar, it shows the event at 1:00PM, and if I use a widget for calendar of events, it list the event at 1:00PM. Even when clicking on the event form the widget it brings me to my stock calendar where once again the time is the correct 6:00PM. I have tested this with multiple applications and widgets, same thing happens each time. This does not happen with my google calendar or my flogs calendar which both are synced also.
Has anyone else had this problem or know what is at fault here. I assume it is either facebooks fault, or the problem of the phone itself. Or if anyone has an idea how to fix this.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Some thoughts to help debug:

What timezone are you in?

What timezone was the invite sent from?

Do you have any nonstandard time-settings on your phone?

Hope this helps (it won't, but might make you start thinking of potential causes...)

AoN

lfmasieri

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in GMT -5, and the invite was sent in the same timezone. I dont think I have any nonstandard times in my phone.... never changed anything, I have the phone to get time from the network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781