Which keyboard

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting this phone today, so it'll be interesting to see what I like best. I've used swype before and I liked it, but I also kinda dig everything being stock.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i like how swype will recognize new words to add to dictionary.

If i start calling my friend yobbakanobi for some reason. If i type out yobbakanobi using swype and then press the spacebar it will add that word to the dictionary.

Now whenever I need to type yobbakanobi I can just sWype it out.

This feature works great even for username and fields needing an email address.

FULL OF WIN!!

NeilQ

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
looks like few are using the voice-to-text function on the android kbd. I guess we're all being responsible and not texting while driving (the main use i can imagine for v-t-t).

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've used swype since day one. Didn't really take too long to get used to. Having to correct my messages gets a little annoying sometimes though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

spenserj87

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm using SwiftKeys. It's scary how good the word prediction is after you use it a while - sometimes it has the next work before I even start typing. So, if you can type while keeping an eye on the three suggested words above the keyboard, you can really save some typing time.

I also like that the latest version has a voice button so I can quickly do voice to text - and SwiftKeys gives you some options on what text is closest after you finish speaking.

I also like Swype, but find that SwiftKeys learns better and doesn't throw in as many odd words. I still hate editing on this phone - it really needs a magnifying glass type cursor enhancement....or an optical mouse like the HTC Incredible.

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using the swift key beta. The predictive text works well. It's like it's reading my mind. It's extremely better than the stock HTC keyboard and has a dedicate emoticon button with properly formatted emoticons. I would buy it once it comes out of beta.

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use the Samsung keyboard. You can go into settings and turn on word prediction as well. The Samsung keyboard blows away the Android keyboard. And because i touch type, Swype require to much thinking.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
One[problem with the samsung keyboard is it doesn't have a space bar when in the browser QUOTE=alphadog;286092]I use the Samsung keyboard. You can go into settings and turn on word prediction as well. The Samsung keyboard blows away the Android keyboard. And because i touch type, Swype require to much thinking.[/QUOTE]

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
When in the browser, if you tap the 123 you get a space bar. You don't get a space bar when you are inputting into the URL bar - there are no spaces in URLs. So some shortcuts I am training myself to do: use the search key when i really want to search; use the url bar when i know where i want to go; bring up a google home page when i want to search within the browser, or just hit the search button 2 times to get the quick search box, then hit the 123 key followed by abc to force a space bar.

None of this is elegant, but I really like the Samsung keyboard.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Its frustrating because each one has its ups and downs. The swype kb obviously has swype and stellar editing options and you can long press to get symbols and numbers but its word prediction is TERRIBLE

The Samsung is well spaced and has decent editing options but when you go to symbols you have to cycle through many screens.

The android has through best word prediction and has voice to text but no editing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance