Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    codeles's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Should my screen orientation change?

    I see in a lot of screen shots that it looks like the Galaxy S line phones go to Landscape mode even on the home screen when on their side. It appears they are using the TouchWiz Launcher. My Captivate doesn't do this unless I use an alternate launcher.

    Is there another setting besides:
    Sound and Display -> Orientation

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Simba501's Avatar

    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by codeles View Post
    I see in a lot of screen shots that it looks like the Galaxy S line phones go to Landscape mode even on the home screen when on their side. It appears they are using the TouchWiz Launcher. My Captivate doesn't do this unless I use an alternate launcher.

    Is there another setting besides:
    Sound and Display -> Orientation

    Thanks.
    I don't believe so. I was only able to achieve this through another launcher as well (adw).
  3. #3  
    flashman03's Avatar

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It doesn't do it for my two phones. Not sure what the difference is.
  4. #4  
    Joeybear23's Avatar

    Posts
    306 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The TouchWiz launcher does not do this.
    You have to install a different launcher to get the homescreen to rotate.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    codeles's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybear23 View Post
    The TouchWiz launcher does not do this.
    You have to install a different launcher to get the homescreen to rotate.
    This is what I've been able to find out... I wonder though with the screen caps I've seen if this is different for the Epic?

    This link shows the Epic in landscape on the home screen and looks to be TouchWiz to me:

    Samsung Epic 4G Android SuperFast Smartphone Phone Heads to Sprint, Ready to Ship on August 31 and Priced $249 | Tech Pinger
  6. #6  
    Joeybear23's Avatar

    Posts
    306 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by codeles View Post
    This is what I've been able to find out... I wonder though with the screen caps I've seen if this is different for the Epic?

    This link shows the Epic in landscape on the home screen and looks to be TouchWiz to me:

    Samsung Epic 4G Android SuperFast Smartphone Phone Heads to Sprint, Ready to Ship on August 31 and Priced $249 | Tech Pinger
    Samsung may have made that special for the Epic, since it has a slide-out landscape keyboard...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    codeles's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good point... I wonder i there is a hack that would allow for this...
  8. #8  
    SterlingSpring's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Download LauncherPro from the market, it enables this. And then YES you can customize the homescreen and dock buttons.

Posting Permissions

";