1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should my screen orientation change?

I see in a lot of screen shots that it looks like the Galaxy S line phones go to Landscape mode even on the home screen when on their side. It appears they are using the TouchWiz Launcher. My Captivate doesn't do this unless I use an alternate launcher.

Is there another setting besides:
    Sound and Display -> Orientation

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by codeles View Post
    I see in a lot of screen shots that it looks like the Galaxy S line phones go to Landscape mode even on the home screen when on their side. It appears they are using the TouchWiz Launcher. My Captivate doesn't do this unless I use an alternate launcher.

Is there another setting besides:
    Sound and Display -> Orientation

Thanks.
    I don't believe so. I was only able to achieve this through another launcher as well (adw).

It doesn't do it for my two phones. Not sure what the difference is.

The TouchWiz launcher does not do this.
    You have to install a different launcher to get the homescreen to rotate.
    Joey
    Samsung Captivate
    All FroYo'd and stuff...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Joeybear23 View Post
    The TouchWiz launcher does not do this.
    You have to install a different launcher to get the homescreen to rotate.
    This is what I've been able to find out... I wonder though with the screen caps I've seen if this is different for the Epic?

This link shows the Epic in landscape on the home screen and looks to be TouchWiz to me:

Quote Originally Posted by codeles View Post
    This is what I've been able to find out... I wonder though with the screen caps I've seen if this is different for the Epic?

This link shows the Epic in landscape on the home screen and looks to be TouchWiz to me:

Samsung may have made that special for the Epic, since it has a slide-out landscape keyboard...
    Joey
    Samsung Captivate
    All FroYo'd and stuff...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Good point... I wonder i there is a hack that would allow for this...

Download LauncherPro from the market, it enables this. And then YES you can customize the homescreen and dock buttons.