Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera quality?

Okay, I'm not the best photographer and I seem to have a problem holding a camera still. That said, this camera appears to be worse then my previous phone, the Fuze (HTC Touch Pro).

How is everyone else's photos turning out?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

I love this camera. I've taken some of the best pictures I have ever taken(with a phone) on the Captivate.

Turn off the anti shake and anti blink settings. Seems to make a big improvement.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by simulator View Post
    Turn off the anti shake and anti blink settings. Seems to make a big improvement.
    What? Turn off anti shake? Okay, I turned that on to make it 'better'. I'll try that tomorrow.

the camera is great in adequate lighting. in all other situations its pretty mediocre. but you can probably say the same thing with any cell phone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by wekebu View Post
    Okay, I'm not the best photographer and I seem to have a problem holding a camera still. That said, this camera appears to be worse then my previous phone, the Fuze (HTC Touch Pro).

How is everyone else's photos turning out?
    I came from a Fuze also. Fuze clarity was better thus far -- even without flash.

I had an Omnia i900, and the camera on that blew this one out of the water. To say that I'm disappointed in the picture quality would be an understatement. The Omnia's camera wasn't great until the color settings were tweaked a tiny bit, but then it took really stunning, crisp photos, which isn't the case with the Captivate, even tweaking the same settings. Another thing that bugs me to no end is that Samsung still hasn't allowed us some way to make our custom settings permanent, so that every time we open the camera application, we have to change everything over again.

What really irks me, though, is that the Vibrant takes better, crisper shots than the Captivate, and they have all the same hardware.

So good that on the trip I just took to Galveston last week I used it to take over 800 pictures and my Mom thinks I should sell some of them to Texas Monthly (not sure if they are THAT good, but she really liked them).