USB Connectivity

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I have it connected via a USB cable but it's not recognizing it in any of my drives..What do I have to do so it's recognizable so I can drag and drop files on my phone?

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, all galaxy phones show up as cameras on computers. An app like doubletwist can help from what I've heard... OR you can pull the SD card and insert it into a card reader (a pain I know) and you'll have no problems reading it there.

Hopefully someone will write an android app for the galaxy that will mount the phone as a removeable memory device when needed.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You may want to put the USB into Debug mode.

"Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging"

That should allow you to connect. Also, under

Settings > Applications > USB Settings

you should set it so that it asks on connection.

nyeark

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
This should be possible just by mounting the SD card when USB is connected, which you can do from the notification drawer. I'm able to drag/drop files to both the internal and external SD cards, since windows treats them as removable drives.

You'll probably need to install the samsung captivate drivers (i'm sure you can find them here somewhere if you search) first though.

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Install drivers on PC
USB settings and have it ask, or mass storage device
After connecting as mass storage device, pull down notification bar, click USB, and MOUNT drives.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Install drivers on PC
USB settings and have it ask, or mass storage device
After connecting as mass storage device, pull down notification bar, click USB, and MOUNT drives.

I didn't even know this was a problem. This is how I sync with my computer and I didn't have to load any drivers (running Windows XP SP3).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae