kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I don't really know. I looked through a thread that had a bunch of screenshots of homescreens with different widgets and some of them looked pretty cool. So I'm really not sure as Android is completely new to me and when I go and get my Captivate on Sept 7th, I'd like to be able to figure out what I want to do with/to it.

I'm familiar with blackberry themes. So I assumed there might be a thread that just a had a bunch of different widgets you could check out and download if you liked it.

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Most of those widgets pre-loaded onto the phone. You just hold your finger on a blank space on your home screen, and go to (Either Samsung, or Android) Widgets. Then choose one.
If not, mostly all Widgets are downloaded via the Market (A sort of Applications Store). Some are obviously free, some are paid.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
are you asking how to add a widget or are you requesting names of widgets that you saw. im lost haha???

my friend has a droid and i remember looking at her phone and was messing around with it. i added the power control widget (also a few other things) and she was like "what is that, never new i could add that". i just laughed. she has had that phone for months, she isn't too bright :p

kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
are you asking how to add a widget or are you requesting names of widgets that you saw. im lost haha???

my friend has a droid and i remember looking at her phone and was messing around with it. i added the power control widget (also a few other things) and she was like "what is that, never new i could add that". i just laughed. she has had that phone for months, she isn't too bright :p

Not sure. Maybe both. I just remember seeing like the widget Beautiful Widgets and thought how cool is that. And then I saw another widget where it allows your contacts to scroll up and down by their pic and thought that was pretty darn cool.

I guess that's what I'm asking...where can I go and find a site or place that has a bunch of different widgets listed and what they do so I can add them.

nyeark

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
It might be better to decide what you want widgets for, and then search that way. An example, I wanted a calender widget that showed the whole month, not just one day, and launcher pro has that (if you pay for the full version). Another example is a news feed widget, i found buzzbox and use that.

You might check out the 'post your homescreen' section and ask the posters there what apps/widgets they use.