1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life tip!

I don't know if this has been posted but I found a little interesting item on my captivate.

I was always seeing my display taking up 80-90% of battery when looking under battery usage.

The other day a friend said to me don't use haptic feedback it eats battery like a champ on the Galaxy S phones. So he shut it off for me.

For the past couple of days with really heavy usage my display is reading about 50-55% battery usage and I am able to get through a whole day (about 12-16) hours of heavy usage and game playing.

I'm no expert and I don't know why disabling the haptic feedback would have an effect on the reporting of the display but it did and battery life has improved dramatically.

So just a little tip for you guys to try.
    Last edited by Wakefulpanda; 08-20-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

It's worth a try, turning it off now myself...

Thanks for the tip. cheaha bill
    Dude

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Is that the setting for vibration feedback? Makes sense, since its a physical response and probably takes more battery. I just changed it myself and hope it helps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    Is that the setting for vibration feedback? Makes sense, since its a physical response and probably takes more battery. I just changed it myself and hope it helps.
    Yeah haptic feedback is the vibration you feel when typing or using some other keys

I may have to try this out f others have good luck with it. I just hate having to turn features off to make the battery last. I love the haptic feedback!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

It's worth a try, but I agree with Cobra... I gotta have some feedback..

The haptic feedback isn't one of those things I'd be ok with turning off. To me, it's what makes the touchscreen keyboard usable. I had terrible battery life through the first few cycles, but it's great now, plus I have an OEM Samsung battery that is at 100% waiting if I need it. It's worth the money.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 4.5.3

It was one of the first things I turned off when I got the phone. I don't need the phone to vibrate when I touch it.

what I did was turn it down in the settings instead of off. Not sure if it will make a difference. Also I took the advice on optimization here and at android forums and there is a Captivate forum
    Not many people go there but there are things I found useful. Also has lots of good stuff.
    Last edited by raven71; 08-21-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Never forget my Brothers and Sisters that gave their lives on 09-11-01. FDNY/EMS, NYPD, PAPD and the Pentagon. Also those who are still dying to this day.