1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboards

My wife and I are looking at the Captivate. My wife only has the use of her left arm due to a stroke 5 years ago. We looked at the other Androids at Verizon and were shown the talk button which is available on the Droids. I saw this feature on the google search but was wondering if it is also available on one of the 3 keyboards that is standard on the Captivate. I know we can download vlingo if the standard isn't available. Could someone let me know or I'll just run over to ATT and look at their phone.

thanks!

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

I know if you hold the search button down, it'll bring up voice search.

And with HandCent, I've been able to use talk-to-text for SMS & MMS messaging for a while now.

But if you're asking if there's some sort of permanent voice-to-text feature for any text input anywhere on the phone... that I'm not sure of.

Select the Android keyboard - you'll see the microphone key beside the space bar. I find i great for texts and emails because I'm a slow typist.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much! This will save me a trip. We're just about ready to pull the trigger on 2 Captivates.

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glennp View Post
    Thanks so much! This will save me a trip. We're just about ready to pull the trigger on 2 Captivates.
    Good luck to you and your wife with the phones