Squeaking?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have squeaking coming from the phone? for some reason on the lower left corner of the phone if looking at the screen it squeaks. from the corner to about the mic hole. i havent dropped it, but its pretty annonying. anytime i hold it, it squeaks like heck!

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
:confused:

Squeaks, huh?

Do you hear anything else, like say voices that nobody else hears?

:p

j/k
I must say I have not heard any squeaking from any of the corners of the phone...

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So, you are saying that the phone only squeaks when you look at the left corner?

woka woka.

Seriously, if it is squeaking when you are holding it it sounds like the case isnt together completely. Make sure your battery door is closed all the way and inspect the edges of the phone all around to make sure nothing is lifted up. If that fails, take it back and get another one. Mine doesn't do it. :)

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
LOL I should be more careful with what I write! Well I order thru premiere at work so I can't just go back to a store. I called and they are sending me another one. I also asked them about the battery getting really hot when on calls, and my ear piece rattling all the time while on calls. They said the battery shouldn't be getting hot. They also said I was the first warranty he had done on a captivate. That's actually good I guess! He said I'll probably get a new one again since there aren't any refurbished ones yet. Does anyone know how hard its going to be to put my apparently on a new phone? That's what I'm dreading most right now.

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If theres an issue with the phone...AT&T will replace it right away usually with a brand new one. So either way your good if its a factory defect. You can do this by just taking it into an AT&T store.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
A corporate store should be able to exchange it within the first 30 days. If they can't you will have to set up an exchange through premier as devices less then 30 days old can't be replaced through warranty to make sure people don't get a refurb after such a short time.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
so i got my damn replacement today, it came in a flimsy baggie. no battery, no back cover. so this means that i had to download apps, then change batteries back, get the settings, change batteries etc etc all afternoon! i was pissed!!!!! new phone seems fine, speaker is good, and no squeaking! i'm just now getting everything back to normal.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
so i got my damn replacement today, it came in a flimsy baggie. no battery, no back cover. so this means that i had to download apps, then change batteries back, get the settings, change batteries etc etc all afternoon! i was pissed!!!!! new phone seems fine, speaker is good, and no squeaking! i'm just now getting everything back to normal.

why didnt you just grab a note pad write down all your apps,settings etc. then swap batteries. lol this is usually what i do when swapping hardware just to be safe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress