1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where! AT&T charging a monthly fee?

Where! - I have seen this app reviewed on other sites and heard people talking about it. It comes preloaded on the Samsung Captivate yet when I launch its. I am prompted with a dialog that AT&T will charge me $9.99 a month to use it. Why is this? I thought it was a free app.

After searching Google I see that Where! charges the monthly service Fee through AT&T. I just couldnt find that on there site. IF a mod could delete this thread. Thank you
    Last edited by SlappyMcgee; 09-10-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: I found the information I was looking for.

Not free at ALL. This actually never prompted me and I found it as a subscription on my first phone bill. I thought it was a cool app, but Places and Google Maps covers it all anyway.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Where is ok, it was free on my pre, but there are a ton of things you can use to get the same info. believe me on android you won't miss it. the only thing you might not find easily is the board feature where everyone bs's everyone else about bs...

There are a bunch of Crap Apps loaded on this phone from At&t that you can't get rid of unless you root it.

Look out for the music service
    the navigator
    Where service
    and a couple others. They all add to your bill.

Replace them with
    Download Google maps (which includes a "Where" like built in along with turn by turn voice navigation)
    Amazon music
    Around Me

I called them up and *****ed that these things never explicitly say what the charges are up front.

in the link there is a section that shows you how to enable market apps that att has blocked. you can uninstall the where! that came on the phone and get the full free version from the market and not have to pay, it also has widgets with it