1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default how do you disable Audible Notifications during phone call

Android newbie here. While i'm on a phone call i receive text notifications that are just beeps. Those are cool because only i can hear it. But sometimes i receive GTalk notifications and they are loud ringers than even my callers can hear on the other end. Is there a way to fix this?

There is an option under Settings (system), Call Settings, All Calls, Alerts On Call. But it looks like that will disable everything...

Default Linked volume!

The answer is linked volume. Much to my chagrin, I discovered that in order to automatically disable incoming notifications while on a call, the "alerts" and "ringer" volumes must be linked (default). While unlinked, they are more granular to manage (and my preference), but they alert notifications are not silenced during a call. Pretty logical really, but perhaps a feature that can be addressed in a future update. =)

Default Re: how do you disable Audible Notifications during phone call

Just wonderful...taking functionality away in future releases. Nice.

Default Re: Linked volume!

Any way to re-link the volume?
    Does this mean that there is simply no way to silence notifications during a call? Unchecking "Alerts On Call" does nothing to keep email from buzzing loudly in my ear during phone calls.