A Must Read

Wakefulpanda

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't blame anything on Samsung (I do blame the original problem on them of course). This was ATT's update. ATT is really starting to get on my nerves. I love the 3g service in my area and never had a problem with dropped calls or anything but the level of knowledge of the average ATT employee or tech support rep is appalling.

That being said I love my captivate and I love Samsung products. Call me a fanboy if you will but I'm hoping in the end Samsung will come through for its customers.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't blame anything on Samsung. This was ATT's update. ATT is really starting to get on my nerves. I love the 3g service in my area and never had a problem with dropped calls or anything but the level of knowledge of the average ATT employee or tech support rep is appalling.

That being said I love my captivate and I love Samsung products. Call me a fanboy if you will but I'm hoping in the end Samsung will come through for its customers.

Why would this be an att fault? Since when does a carrier produce their own phones orating systems?
Its up to the carrier to give correct information for their network to the manufacturer to produce the software updates. Its on both of them. Now i am not defending att or bashing samsung. But it falls onto both of them. Not just one
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Wakefulpanda

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Why would this be an att fault? Since when does a carrier produce their own phones orating systems?
Its up to the carrier to give correct information for their network to the manufacturer to produce the software updates. Its on both of them. Now i am not defending att or bashing samsung. But it falls onto both of them. Not just one
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I should have worded my statement better. I blame ATT because of the lack of knowledge they have when it comes to supporting their products. GPS issue aside many people are having problems updating their phones (including me) which resulted in a wipe of my phone to be able to use it properly again.
ATT is known for giving sub-par support for their devices and this is just another update that proves that.

Once updates get into ATT's hands they always find a way to muck things up and make it more complicated than it needs to be. I'm honestly scared for the 2.2 update I can't trust that ATT will be on the ball when things start to go wrong and customers need support.

I suppose I hijacked this thread which was clearly about the GPS issue and made it into my own personal hatred for ATT's support so I apologize.

Heres a post that someone shared. Its a conversation with Samsung.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=789821

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site