Turn off the "Full charge" notification?

jmerrey

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I use RingLeader to manage my sound profiles. I have a silent one set up for night time that I enable. As for the annoying screen lighting up, just put the phone face down when you go to sleep...:eek:

I have been using a similar solution. I use a program called "Profile" and have one profile set for "night." It turns my wifi off, turns all notifications to vibrate only, and turns my screen brightness to very dim automatically. This does two things. One, if my phone is on the charger I'm not bothered by the "full charge" alert. Two, if my phone isn't on the charger, turning off all that stuff leaves me with a decent charge in the morning.

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The sound didn't bother her so much. But now if she leaves it plugged in over night, her Captivate will turn itself off multiple times the next day. VERY annoying. Any ideas?

Yes. Take it back and get a new one. This is not normal behavior, no matter what phone...

merm#AC

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem with my Samsung Transform on Sprint. I've been just putting the phone face down at night to not see the bright screen light up, but even when I enable "silent mode" (not vibrate mode, but silent) the phone will still vibrate when the notification comes up. It's really annoying and has been waking my wife and I up.

I'm going to have to put my phone on the rug on the floor to keep it from waking me up at night. This really needs to be addressed.

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You guys are some light sleepers....it only goes off once, and at most it's 2 seconds long.

But I am curious if leaving it plugged in would harm it in any way...looking at Juice Plotter, I don't actually get to 100% till a little after the "Full Charge" notification is alarmed. So....I'm not real big on listening to that notification anyway.

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see tis fixed, through the 2.2 would be a BOUNS (come on ATT)

If you ar putting on vibrate, plugging in headphones, placing it on the floor face down and using programs to profile a quite mode, why do have the phone in your bedroom or even on.

Charge it in the other room, turn it off, leave it in the bathroom.
The true nature of having this obsessive compulsive need my phone next to me even if it is off has to stop.

Before you know it we will be on Dr. Phil with some newly named disorder, that the legislative a$$holes need to tax us for.

If you dont want to hear it turn it off.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
"The true nature of having this obsessive compulsive need my phone next to me even if it is off has to stop."
You explain that to the Watch Commander and Duty Officer, who excuse me from answering my phone only if I am 1-Dead and 2-Buried. Prior to burial, I am still expected to answer the phone and respond to calls.

Some of us aren't allowed to take eight hours off. The problem is this queer phone, other phones don't have the problem.

DustNy17

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Froyo Fix?

Does anyone who has flashed Froyo on the Captivate know if the full charge notification pop-up is no longer? I use my Captivate docked on my nightstand as a clock overnight using the bedside app. The app does a great job at silencing audible notifications overnight, but it really sucks waking up in the middle of the night and glancing at my phone to check the time only to see a full charge notification dialogue. I'm hoping Froyo fixes this very poor design decision.

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone who has flashed Froyo on the Captivate know if the full charge notification pop-up is no longer? I use my Captivate docked on my nightstand as a clock overnight using the bedside app. The app does a great job at silencing audible notifications overnight, but it really sucks waking up in the middle of the night and glancing at my phone to check the time only to see a full charge notification dialogue. I'm hoping Froyo fixes this very poor design decision.

i flashed last night and put the phone on silent before i go to bed. didn't make a sound

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Id recommend OneNight Stand. Its free in the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney