Gps It's working

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just watched the u-tube of the Captivate with and without the gps fix. I installed the free gps test app. I just tried my gps and hit 7 setalites almost instantly. I then checked the map view and it was right on my house.
I then tried maps located me right where I
almost was standing. Then tried the Nav app put in directions and it instantly showed my house and in my backyard where I was. I also got a lock in my house on 3 setalites.
I then checked the gps status app which is the one I have been using and it also picked up 7 setalites. So when I walk the dog tomorrow I will see if it works. Since my car is disabled can't try driving.
Still my browser is slow and the swype doesn't work right plus my wifi is picking up no bars when it use to pick 3 and almost everyone of my neighbours wifi along with topaz and some others.
Maybe it will fix itself in the next couple of days also when I just touch the screen to move in any direction it is like hyper speed and still when I transition to another app or to the home screen it is lagging by 10 seconds. But my gps works when it wasn't after the update 2 days ago.

Last edited:

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It is in the market also gps status is a great app. I just got back walking my dog. Cloudy miserable day this morning. I hit 8 setalites. I used the navigation app with the phone in my old BB case in my pocket it didn't drop at all. I then didn't take the way it said and it rerouted without a problem. Then it showed my house when I arrived.
Like I said didn't try it in a car. So not sure if I move faster that it will hold. Now if I can get the phone to work without the other problems things would be great.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc