Captivate Browser stopped showing video

Bud Wilkinson

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm a newbie here and to Droid. I have had servral Samsung devices and love them. The Captivate is by far the best I've seen. I have searched this forum but found no help yet.

Symptom or Change;
First day I got my new Captivate, I went to my livestream site that was actively broadcasting a live feed. The browser and phone were connected to my WiFi internet signal. The Captivate browser displayed a brilliant, fullscreen image of the video being monitored in a player through on the same site on my laptop. I used it to adjust the camera aim it was so good.
On a subsequent attempt to do the same thing this weekend, the browser brings up the livestream page without a video player at all and the chat pane is empty too. The first time it connected dirrectly to the video feed at fullscreen and never showed the page or chat pane.

Items I have tried to correct to regain the beautiful fullscreen video feed.
Reboot Phone including a battery removal.
From within the browser "menu-more-settings" list I sellected "Reset to default" also cleared cache, history and cookies manually
Tried several different settings within "menu-more-settings"

I'm stumped, Video player still works fine and browser goes to other sites without trouble.

What did I do to to my browser settings?

TIA for any help

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Did the hosting website change their version of a plugin (i.e. adobe flash)? Did you install / remove anything?

I'd make sure you're testing the phone, not the phone & external variables, before you decide that the phone is the culprit.

AoN

Bud Wilkinson

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Did the hosting website change their version of a plugin (i.e. adobe flash)? Did you install / remove anything?

I'd make sure you're testing the phone, not the phone & external variables, before you decide that the phone is the culprit.

AoN

In talking with the livestream tech help, they say they have changed nothing on their end. They have an entire iPhone service as well. I don't play iPhone games so ???? Any further thoughts would be apreciated... I am not sugesting the phone is at fault at all, but rather that I have changed something in the browser or other settings and can't return the setting without some guidence.

TIA
Bud

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC