AT&T Captivate: currently unable to download please try again later

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
i keep getting a notification that says: currently unable to download please try again later. it appears at the bottom of the screen.

once it pops up, there's nothing that i can do to make it go away except restarting the phone. is this a known bug with a fix, or should i take it back?

Last edited by a moderator:

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
It has to be an app that you have installed because there is nothing with the OS that would make that message appear.

i can't imagine what app it would be. and i when i say notification, i don't mean something that's appearing in the notification bar (i'm coming from an iphone so bare with my language barrier). it appears toward the bottom of the screen smack dab in the middle of where the keyboard would be if it were on screen. ::see attached:: and just to be clear, the issue began before i rooted. i didn't think it was a big deal. now it won't go away without shutting off the phone.
View attachment 3852

View attachment 3853

Last edited:

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got this message when trying to update the ESPN app a few times. Just ended up trying a few times and it finally went through. Were you trying to perform an update? Probbaly does have to do with the app.

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I got this message when trying to update the ESPN app a few times. Just ended up trying a few times and it finally went through. Were you trying to perform an update? Probbaly does have to do with the app.

ah, maybe that's it. espn was one of the first apps i downloaded when i got the phone. i'll have to research that a bit. it's annoying because this happens even when i have a clear signal or am on wifi. thanks for the tip

mirkules

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem on my Galaxy S. I found that stopping the text messaging app removes this message. I'm using the default messaging app, and Advanced Task Killer to close it.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
See if it goes away after installing Handcent (SMS app). You may have to open Messaging up one more time to disable Notifications so you do not get doubly notified, and perhaps there is an option in there to have it stop working altogether (if needed).

Odd though. Any customizations you have done? Custom ROM/modem?

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
So, I know this isn't a real solution, but after installing cognition rom, I haven't seen this message again. You may want to consider it

lawnseed

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Dose anyone know how to fix this problem i cant send or recive photos all i get is Currently unable to download please try again later

I use a
LG P500 it runs Andriod i used it with a optus but now i use telstra can anyone please help fix this problem

compunet

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: currently unable to download please try again later

I've got the same message How do I know which application is causing the problem on my galaxy s2

Sayso

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

I have tryed all of these suggestions on my Galaxy S and none of them work. the Handcent App is cool though.

Jamie Nix

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. It seems to be i the front end of the system. There is nothing I can do to get it off. I restart my phone but it comes right back. I can't click onthe message or anything. It's just there and it won't go aware ! !

erniemon

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Solution!!!!

From the home screen, click on menu/settings/more/mobile networks, then click on "Access Point Names." Once you're on the Access Point Names screen, hit your menu button and choose "Reset to default."

Ernie

Steve Helton1

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

No need to read any further, Ernie was spot on with the solution. Worked perfect. Thank you Ernie.

Ausama Ibraheem

May 20, 2014
Visit site

I did that Exactly, then restarted my phone to check again...
and the problem still there, the message keep showing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech