i wanna root!!!!!!

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
i updated to 2.2 using the leaked version and i would like to root so that way i can flash cognition to my phone.... except im using jp3 im guessing because the one click method didnt give me an install packages choice. it gave me some other choice which when i click on it fails which is how i found out im on jp3.... possibly. how do i root my phone? the easy way? i dont want to use abd or the command center way. thanks ahead of time!

tetsuo

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
the latest version of cognition has an odin method so you can flash with odin3 and not need to be rooted prior to installing it.

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
i just did the odin flash and now swype doesnt work. and do i need to root using the method you posted to use cog.... this is all starting to seem downhill to me already and i dont like it too much....

EDIT restarted my phone and now my swype works but how will i know that i have cognition? a name change in phone info or what?

Last edited:

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you go to About phone and scroll to the bottom it will say Cognition...for your build number. If you don't see that well, you know. And check out the Cognition FAQ, that will give you all the info you need if you want to get cognition on your phone.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
ive flashed using odin more than half a dozen times and it still says froyo.ucji6. wth?

Don't know. I would do this. You can either go back to JF6, root, install rom manager and use the cognition.zip through rom manager. Or you can do the new Recovery mod that lets us use Rom Manager on Froyo and try to do the cog.zip that way. If you aren't having luck with Odin do this and you might have better luck.

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
And jf6 is 2.1 right? If it is how do i go back to that because the oclf in the app market looks pretty appealing.... On second though. Does the lag fix on 2.1 run quicker than 2.2? Sorry for all the questions but when i try to look all of this up i just go in circles... Android hacking is def harder than iphone jailbreaking

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It really is easy, it just takes a bit to read and figure what everything means. JF6 is 2.1. You would use Odin 3 one click which is in the dev section at XDA. After that you could use one click root and load Rom Manager. 2.2 if faster stock than 2.1. You can use a lag fix on 2.2 but I don't because the phone is fast the way it is for me.

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
so i rooted with the method i was told to use earlier but now i wanna use unleashthebeast and ive looked through on how to do it but when i try i get an error saying its aborted.... maybe its cuz i didnt mount my card or im not dragging it to the right spot? i just dragged my renamed update.zip into the L drive which is my phone when its plugged in..... agh. android makes my head hurt.....

veener79

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for showing that new program to root 2.2. It is nice having a program do it for us instead of having to write the comands in to root it.

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
After rooting I used one click lag fix and my phone now scores near 1900 everytime for quadrant so is it worth it to use unleash the beast or should I just delete bloatware? How would i delete just the bloatware should I choose to do it that way?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet