Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Can anyone tell me how to unroot?

    I updated my phone with the unofficial Froyo update and rooted. Since the official Froyo update was announced to be released soon I want to unroot my phone so I can try to get the official Froyo, since Ive had a few problems with the one installed now. Can anyone tell me how to unroot?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Pretty sure if you just do a factory reset, you should go back to normal... But im with ya there, waiting for the official release! how was 2.2, anything good you noticed?

    Dan
  3. #3  
    s2h2golf's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

    Default

    You'll have to go back to JH7 to get the 2.2 update when it is finally released. Since you already have the unofficial leaked version, simply unrooting your phone will not allow you to get the official update. Check out XDA for instructions on how to get back to JH7 - you'll likely have to use ODIN to get back to stock JF6 and then apply the JH7 update, unless you made a backup of your JH7 ROM before you flashed to the leak 2.2.
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicmasta View Post
    Pretty sure if you just do a factory reset, you should go back to normal... But im with ya there, waiting for the official release! how was 2.2, anything good you noticed?

    Dan

    Unfortunately a factory reset wont do it. I did notice improvements, but there are little things that stopped working that I hope will work with the official release. Things like the reject list stopped working, some apps were gone from marketplace, and a couple of other things.

    I really liked the wireless tethering, I hope that stays with the official release.


    Quote Originally Posted by s2h2golf View Post
    You'll have to go back to JH7 to get the 2.2 update when it is finally released. Since you already have the unofficial leaked version, simply unrooting your phone will not allow you to get the official update. Check out XDA for instructions on how to get back to JH7 - you'll likely have to use ODIN to get back to stock JF6 and then apply the JH7 update, unless you made a backup of your JH7 ROM before you flashed to the leak 2.2.
    Thanks for the info. I will check out XDA for info. Thats a good place to start.
  5. #5  
    Nophix's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

    Default

    The tethering will be gone. AT&T does not want users to tether. If you want it officially, you'll have to be on the limited 2gb plan, and pay them an additional $20 per month. Btw, all the $20 does is allow you to use a feature that was built into your phone. There is no additional data allotment.

    What apps are missing from the market on the leaked Froyo? Everything on mine seems fine, except the GPS is still quirky. I chock the GPS up to a bad hardware design now, though.
  6. #6  
    dayv's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDanger79 View Post
    Unfortunately a factory reset wont do it. I did notice improvements, but there are little things that stopped working that I hope will work with the official release. Things like the reject list stopped working, some apps were gone from marketplace, and a couple of other things.

    I really liked the wireless tethering, I hope that stays with the official release.




    Thanks for the info. I will check out XDA for info. Thats a good place to start.
    The auto reject still works fine in the leaked version, you just have to go into
    Settings>Call settings>All calls>Auto reject
    and turn it on.

    You will likely have to use an unofficial release to keep or get Mobile AP back, but don't worry once the official release there will be plenty custom roms built on the official release available - many of them probably will be much better than the official release anyway.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Any place on AT&T or Samsung's website you can just download the original firmware files like you can with iPhones and Pres?

Posting Permissions

B