No display screen

kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
So after the shutdown issue got worse and worse, I decided to call AT&T for an exchange. The guy on the phone was nice and had me do a factory reboot which I knew would erase everything not backed up. No issues there.

Well, after it booted back up, I have a blank screen. I can pulldown the notification screen. I can receive calls and messages. And I get a lock screen showing up. However, after unlocking...nothing.

I had Cognition 2.2 running on there. If we did a factory wipe/reset, will it take it back to the 2.1? I'm afraid they're going to get it and see that I rooted it and end up with a bill for $450.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would go over to xda and ask this question. If you look at the cognition post, there's a link to a chat room too which might get you the fastest reply. Hope this helps AoN.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
First things first, you will need to go back to JF6 2.1 stock. Do a search for "Odin 1-Click" it is about a 260 MB executable download.

This should get you back to a stable phone and you can start from there to do whatever you like.

I wouldn't send it back to AT&T/Samsung.

kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
First things first, you will need to go back to JF6 2.1 stock. Do a search for "Odin 1-Click" it is about a 260 MB executable download.

This should get you back to a stable phone and you can start from there to do whatever you like.

I wouldn't send it back to AT&T/Samsung.

I used Odin3 and got it back to stock as it was out of the box. My new Captivate should be here by Weds and then I'll send in this one. I should've just exchanged it the first day it started shutting down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2