Won't Boot - Black screen with a vibrate

Jay_eS_Iye

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This morning I noticed my home button wasn't working, so I rebooted the phone and it comes up with the AT&T screen and the Galaxy S screen. Then the screen goes black with the bar on top with the icons, it vibrates, and the screen goes off, then it happens again with the black screen with top bar and vibrate. It happens over and over, even after a battery pull and taking the SD card and SIM card out. It has Cognition 2.2beta on it which I put on weeks ago and I haven't done anything to it lately other than some apps from the Market. Any ideas how to fix this without restoring it completely? (me being smart hasn't backed my stuff up since I flashed Cog.

Jay_eS_Iye

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
And I think I realized what caused the problem, the last app I installed from Itching Thumb, from the Market... time to research that now

pojkeboy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a Fascinate for about 8 hours until it had this problem... after dropping so much money on Verizon and after 5 faulty handset from them, I returned the device and dropped their network for AT&T and the Captivate.

Basically, they told me that they'd just have to replace the handset with a brand new one. Your phone may just be shot... *sniffle*

I prefer the look of the Captivate better... I just can't call anyone/text at my house anymore. But save 30 buckaroos a month!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair