Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default settings/unknown source problem

Sorry if this has been posted anywhere else in these forums(new to android, new to forum), but I rooted my phone successfully without any real problems using the "one click root button" for the Samsung captivate then downloaded the ti-backup app(free version) and before it can back up my apps, etc... a prompt keeps asking me to go to phone settings>applications then click the unknown source button so that i can recover/reinstall my apps if/when I upgrade to 2.2. problem is the "unknown source" checkbox is nowhere to be found?!! has any one else had this problem? what am I missing here or doing wrong?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I believe it's gone because at&t doesn't allow sideloading of apps. I'm honestly not sure how to get that option because I'm an EVO guy. Was lurking on here and figured I'd try to help out.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

i think that iamlilsdad is correct. You will need to enable side loading on the cappy or use the Side Loading Wonder Machine to load TI-backup

Search at xda captivate forums for this, they've a solution there. AON

I had same problem and asked that a couple of days ago. Make sure you have mass storage picked and the debug option on. Picking mass storage solved the problem for me.
    Never forget my Brothers and Sisters that gave their lives on 09-11-01. FDNY/EMS, NYPD, PAPD and the Pentagon. Also those who are still dying to this day.