Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default settings/unknown source problem

Sorry if this has been posted anywhere else in these forums(new to android, new to forum), but I rooted my phone successfully without any real problems using the "one click root button" for the Samsung captivate then downloaded the ti-backup app(free version) and before it can back up my apps, etc... a prompt keeps asking me to go to phone settings>applications then click the unknown source button so that i can recover/reinstall my apps if/when I upgrade to 2.2. problem is the "unknown source" checkbox is nowhere to be found?!! has any one else had this problem? what am I missing here or doing wrong?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,773 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I believe it's gone because at&t doesn't allow sideloading of apps. I'm honestly not sure how to get that option because I'm an EVO guy. Was lurking on here and figured I'd try to help out.

i think that iamlilsdad is correct. You will need to enable side loading on the cappy or use the Side Loading Wonder Machine to load TI-backup

Search at xda captivate forums for this, they've a solution there. AON

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

I had same problem and asked that a couple of days ago. Make sure you have mass storage picked and the debug option on. Picking mass storage solved the problem for me.