Switch from iPhone 4?

jp93

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking around and can't find any type of info on this. I want to switch from my iPhone 4 to the captivate. However I just want to sell my iPhone and buy the captivate on either craigslist or eBay. Is this possible? Is all I need a micro sim adaptor? Or do I need to go through atnt and get a new dim card?

Thanks for the help

kennz

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
You will need a brand new sim card because the iPhone 4 uses a micro sim, its about 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the Captivate sim.

Comparison:
iPhone 4 screen is alot lot better... but smaller..
iPhone 4 is more responsive, not lacky like the Captivate
iPhone 4 GPS works 100%, Captivate may or may not work, even when it works, it's way off, barely usable... even after the fix Samsung promised.

The andriod has more features imo, can't beat the swype keyboard, builtin google, and widgets.

Max69

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You can get an adapter to use the micro SIM in the Captivate.

You will, however, need to contact AT&T to have the data plan switched. If you're under contract with the iPhone4, I think it's more difficult for them to make the switch, but it can be done.

jtprec

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey.

I have a 1 week old Captivate with box and all accessories. No GPS issues, and has the latest update. Would you be interested in trading? Let me know. I can send high res pics if you'd like.

Thank you

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The captivate and the iphone have the same data plan

You can get an adapter to use the micro SIM in the Captivate.

You will, however, need to contact AT&T to have the data plan switched. If you're under contract with the iPhone4, I think it's more difficult for them to make the switch, but it can be done.

I go back and forth between my captivate and an iphone 3GS every few weeks. It is the same data plan. No need to notify ATT or anyone, I just swap the sim card.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
They have a different data plan for the Captivate than they do for the iPhone - it has to do with the visual voice mail that the iPhone has. When I used my upgrade to get my wife an iPhone, I had to buy the iPhone on my account and then take it to the ATT store (ATT was out of the iPhone, bought it at Best Buy) to switch my SIM card and everything back to the Captivate. I ran into problems with my voice mail not working, so when I called ATT they said they needed to switch me back over to the regular data plan and when they did, I had to setup my voice mail again, but it worked right.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
definitely get the captivate.

i switched to the epic 4g from the iphone 3gs. my grandpa got the iphone 4 so i get to see it every sunday or so. the screen really is not that much better. if your a numbers person and want to brag about an extra 100 pixels then by all means keep the iphone but youll be miserable.

multitasking on galaxy s kicks ass. my epic 4g really is not laggy at all, but i have it clocked to 1.6 ghz 1.6x faster than iphone processor.

i really dont even know where to start about how much better galaxy s is. my epic has fine gps. navigation is a plus everything is a plus especially cuz theres already a leaked 2.2 build for captivate browser speeds kick iphones ass

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance