Best Keyboard

Ramenstien

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Captivate for a few months now and I have been using the stock Android keyboard. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a keyboard that is better than this one. I'm kind of tired of looking at the same keyboard all the time. I know that the Captivate comes with a few, but I was wondering which one is the best. Thanks.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey, Swype, ultra keyboard or just go to appbrain.com on your computer and type in keyboards... I personally have Swype and SwiftKey and perfer SwiftKey. There are too many keyboards for Android to recommend only one.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the reasons I bought the Captivate is cuz it had swype. When I had the Nokia N97, swype was released and it was easy to see that it was a game changer..no doubt about it. IMO swype will be the future of mobile devices and basically eliminates the need for a physical keyboard for the most part

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just started playin around with Swype and it's pretty impressive. Although i wish it had a Voice-to-Text button like the other keyboards do....use the hell out of that VtT while driving.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Just started playin around with Swype and it's pretty impressive. Although i wish it had a Voice-to-Text button like the other keyboards do....use the hell out of that VtT while driving.

Just FYI... I think this will happen in the 2.2 update for the Captivate. I am using the Cognition custom 2.2 currently, and the voice feature is in Swype now.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
i actually really like the smartkeyboard pro. i like it more than swype. swypes cool but sometimes it messes up with too many word selections in that swype. which i hate.

i came from an iphone so smartkeyboard pro is alot like it and i type super fast on it. way faster than swype

its also got the arrow keypad toggle so you can selct text easier since we dont have iphone select/copy

Griffspen

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I love Better Keyboard. I've tried them all and this is my favorite. It has the perfect mix of word prediction yet allowing slang and adding new words. It also works well one handed which is a huge plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995