Refurb Captivate?

Tenacious--M

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a new Samsung Captivate and it keeps rebooting on me at random and the keys (especially back key) are really bad. They dont recognzie my touch half the time unless I press really hard on them.

My question is....if I get a replacment how will I be able to tell if its a refurb or not?

Are the refubs typically better since they have had more extensive testing?

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If you got it from a brick and mortar store, and you're within your 30 days, take it back and see whether they'll give you a new one.

Ask to open and test the unit before you leave the store, check that everything works, all the keys, and also the GPS.

I'd be wary of a refurbished unit- they've already been sent back at least once for some reason.

Hope this helps,

AoN.

AKA_Rizzo

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not all refurbed phones are broken phones.

I sent back an Aria, I just didn't like it. It's now going to be sold as a refurbed device since it is no longer new.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It only matters in your mind. That said, mine said it was a refurbished unit. I do not think they are trying to hide anything about this sort of thing, and rest assured if you are dealing with their warranty department and have a refurb around... that is what you will get.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If you are going through the warranty group, it'll be refurb. They even tell you that when you call them. If you're close to your 30 days, you may get the AT&T store to switch it out for you.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
When possible, I always buy things refurbished. If there is a problem with the particular product, most often it has been fixed with a refurbished unit. I only buy refurbished computers for my company (20+ of them) and have bought many refurbished cell phones, either directly or through exchanges (had 2 Blackberries before, both went into screen reboot loop at 11 months). I've only had 2 products that I bought that actually looked like they had been used - home phones and an iPhone 3g (not through Apple). The home phones worked great, so I kept them - the iPhone looked like it had been dragged behind a bus, so it went back. That being said, Nophix is right, ATT will tell you that you are getting a refurbished unit and you don't have a choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007