Getting a Captivate soon but some questions first

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
So i think i am going to switch from my iphone 3gs to a samsung captivate. I really think android is jsut overall more of what i am looking for in a phone. Anyway, my main concern is with email and IM. How is the stock email app? I ahve heard some decent things about it. I use my comcast email as my main email for facebook and such and i get emails alot from it. Would the stock email ap be good for my comcast email? What email app would be best for the captivate. My other concern is IMing. I use beejive on my iphone and i would like to also use this same app on android. Has anyone used beejive? Whats it like? Overall i am pretty excited for this phone. I wnt be playing any games on it at all really. Mainly i use my phone for communicating with people around me and such Social networking and things like that.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The stock app works great for email. I cannot say on the im app, but go to the appbrain website and do a search. Most apps seem to be on both stores. Our or at least the ones I have looked for.

If you drink the kool aid now, and switch to google for email, you will be even happier. Better sync

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had much luck with the stock email client. I found it to be unfunctional. However, there are several email clients available (MailDroid, K-9, Gmail). You can set up a gmail account to fetch email from other accounts and use the phone's gmail, which works excellently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781