Sound doesn't work without headphones!?

stevemikez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Captivate, that I'm very happy with. However, a couple days ago I slept in because the alarm didn't go off. I later realized nothing is playing out of the speakers... no media, games, ringtone, alarm, etc. However all of this still plays out of the headphones when they're plugged in.

What do I do? Is this hardware/software? Do I need to take it to an AT&T store? I bought it from AmazonWireless. Should I try resetting the phone? Thanks for any help!

:cool:

stevemikez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yup... I've tried adjusting all the volume/sound settings. When I'm playing a song without the headphones, and I adjust the volume, it displays the Media Volume adjustment. So, the phone acts normally, there's just nothing coming out of the speakers.

stevemikez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok... I googled the problem and found an AT&T forum where many people are reporting the same problem. Someone said to take off the battery cover and push on the speaker. It worked!!!

But, why is this a problem? I fear I may not be able to rely on my phone as an alarm to wake me in the morning anymore.

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I would hope for it to happen again so you can take it back for a replacement that doesn't turn the speaker into a functional mute button.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If it was new when you bought it, you have a one-year warranty against defects. If it was refurbished when you bought it, you have 90 days.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance