Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Sound doesn't work without headphones!?

I have a Samsung Captivate, that I'm very happy with. However, a couple days ago I slept in because the alarm didn't go off. I later realized nothing is playing out of the speakers... no media, games, ringtone, alarm, etc. However all of this still plays out of the headphones when they're plugged in.

What do I do? Is this hardware/software? Do I need to take it to an AT&T store? I bought it from AmazonWireless. Should I try resetting the phone? Thanks for any help!

Have you tried moving the volume rocker up? It could be that it is set to mute...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yup... I've tried adjusting all the volume/sound settings. When I'm playing a song without the headphones, and I adjust the volume, it displays the Media Volume adjustment. So, the phone acts normally, there's just nothing coming out of the speakers.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok... I googled the problem and found an AT&T forum where many people are reporting the same problem. Someone said to take off the battery cover and push on the speaker. It worked!!!

But, why is this a problem? I fear I may not be able to rely on my phone as an alarm to wake me in the morning anymore.

I would hope for it to happen again so you can take it back for a replacement that doesn't turn the speaker into a functional mute button.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I wouldn't mind getting a replacement. But, I've had it longer than 30 days. Am I past the time limit for that?

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

If it was new when you bought it, you have a one-year warranty against defects. If it was refurbished when you bought it, you have 90 days.
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to look into getting it replaced.