Tried restoring to factory, but no update.zip?

viggen14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I tried restoring to factory by holding down the volume and power buttons, but when
I select reinstall packages, it tells me that update.zip can't be found and it aborts our of the restore. I haven't rooted the phone, but I've only applied the firmware upgrade from a month or two ago. Could sometime tell me where I can download that update.zip file, cause I ave a feeling that I would just need that to fix this? Or is there another thing I can try? Thanks for the help!

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
What else (if anything) have you installed / done which might affect this?

E.g. Titanium backup (may need root), Rom Manager (may need root also), Sideloading Wondermachine or similar? Any manual file movement or deletion to remove AT&T bloatware?

Was the phone brand-new when you bought it?

AoN

viggen14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi AoN,

I do a lot of install via the market and the sideloading machine and when I remove the app, I always uninstall via the manage applications program. I haven't removed any bloatware either. I also bought the phone brand new.

Thanks!

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No- do NOT use Odin to go back to stock, unless you're not concerned that:

1) that will void your warranty

2) the ROM included with Odin is not exactly stock, and it is not possible to update OTA after applying it.

Given that you're not rooted, I'd call ATT / go to your local store, and see whether they'll replace it. If you do, just be sure to make sure that you get one with good gps. Check it in the store before you leave.

AoN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton