What a piece of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamnops

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well pretty much all the typical problems i guess this phone has. GPS, extremely slow, lags, force closes, freezes, shuts off by itself, speaker is low, speaker phone is poor, drops calls, cant keep anything on auto update otherwise battery drains right away.
Thanks for the offerings of help and sorry for the quick uninformed rant. Just got really frustrated trying to update and link to my computer. Finally got my computer to recognize the phone but haven't figured out how to back it up yet or transfer data. Samsung websites download for the usb driver didn't work but got the kies mini.
I guess its a newbie's frustration with this android stuff. But it just seems crazy to me that i cant just turn on the phone and have it work proficient without rooting or downloading stuff or tweeking it.
I been reading thru the forums on here but have no clue what everyones talking about

I'm past the 30 day period so im stuck with it for a while. I had hopes for a gps fix but the phone hasn't let me upgrade (gonna try it from kies mini but says i have to back up before i do it). It seems that the phone just keeps getting worse and worse.

Any help would be much appreciated

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If it is connection issue related, switch it. That was my problem with samsung. Here is the kicker, samsung kicks hella bad ass with tv tech. I am disappointed with their efforts mobile tech wise......hopefully it gets better ,because samsung can, it is whether they do is the question.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Klamnops -

How many of those issues does your phone have? Most are fixable, some aren't- and for those that aren't Samsung / ATT will replace your phone for up to a year (with a refurbished unit).

My experience- gps is okay, locks in around 10-20 seconds, once tweaked; speakerphone and call quality are excellent, better than my landlines at home and work (and our offices share space with a telephone exchange); the flexibility of the phone is great.

That said, I'm not running a stock rom (I'm using designgears' cognition rom from the xda forum), and it's much faster and slicker than that which the phone came with.

So- let's start slowly; what's the thing about your phone that annoys you the most? Chances are good that there are people on the forum who've experienced and fixed any problems you might have. Let's see if we can fix it, then move to the second, third issues...

AoN

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As someone who's went the "stock" route (no rooting, or GPS tweaking), I'm enjoying my Captivate just fine.

It has it's issue's...but I'm not sure anything with this many Bells-n-Whistles doesn't!

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
To the OP: why complain on a forum? Just go get rid of it..within 30 days, return...outside of 30 days: craigslist-many takers will contact you

mscientific

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am also frustrated with my ATT Captivate and am willing to articulate. The default email app seems to be significantly involved in the poor system performance I experience. Frequent Force Close app crashes that come in waves. I haven't been able to diagnose or narrow down possible causes for the crashes of the email app. Has anyone else experienced the same, and discovered work arounds or a fix?

mscientific

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is a specific and annoying bug. When Google Navigation is used the system sound volume setting changes to maximum. Volume stays maximum even after ending navigation. Requires re-setting volume using system settings.

mscientific

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Another, sometimes when recieving a call the phone rings, the screen goes black, stuck transitioning from inactive or current active app to the phone application display. The phone app does not appear so Answer [and Ignore] buttons are not on screen, and I can not pickup the call. That is problematic in business as you can imagine.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This thread was doomed from the start. It's being closed.

If OP would like to PM to discuss starting another thread with a constructive question/topic, please do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463