WIFI Issues PLEASE HELP

Ross#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Even though this phone has some issues I think the wifi is pretty good.
Do you have a lot of data on the phone? I'm guessing not, since you've been having so much trouble with it.
Have you tried a factory reset? It will delete everything on the phone but it will restore all the defaults. It may be something to keep in mind.

I'm tempted to say it's a hardware problem but you said it does connect to other AP's, right? If so, hardware is ok.

Did you ever get it connected to your own network?
Ross

jegordon23#AC

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Idk when ever i turn on wifi now, it just scans and then sais unable to find anything...

Im praying that froyo or a samsung update will come out VERY soon and will get my wifi working again

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Today mine started having problems. It shows I'm connected to wifi. But will not connect to the internet either. I was able to get it to connect once by removing all data in my browser. Then after pulling the battery twice it connected. Now it won't connect again. It will over the 3g.
I have verizon fios with an actiontec router. All computers work and noting has been changed on my phone or router.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
I'm having the same problem. It connects to my wifi without a problem, but cannot connect to the internet. The only solution so far is to turn the phone off, and on again. While annoying as heck (especially because this is my first android phone, and coming from an iPhone, which for the record never have issues like this on my wifi) it works for now. Hope this get fix soon. :(

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK I went to att store today my wifi was not working at all. Was going to see about repair. The girl said to try rebooting phone and do the hold volume up-down. Then go to clean cache. So we did it and went home after I saw it picked up the wifi there. Lo and behold it is working again with a stronger signal. I hope it lasts and I don't have to keep doing that.
Thanks att girl.......

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK when you turn your phone off and then back on. Hold the power button in. Also hold the volume up-down button in. You need to make sure that your holding the whole volume control in. When the phone starts remove your finger from the on-off switch. Still hold the volume control in. The phone will go to a screen with different commands. Let go of the volume control and use it to move up and down to get to the one that says something lie clear cache. Press the on off button let it reset and it should start normal. Then you should try your wifi and see if it works.
I am sure that's how its done, but there are directions here about getting to the menu you need. Might be related to hard reset. Someone might chime in to make sure I'm giving proper directions.
I hope it works for you so far I have had no probelms since I did it.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dam I was hoping it worked. This way I would know it was the answer to the problem for everyone. You said that you removed the wifi settings and rescanned. You have a secure setup? You put all the numbers and letters back in and tried connecting?
Have you tried going to a Starbucks or someplace with wifi and connecting there?
If it doesn't recognize any wifi spots I would say it's the phone. If it is only your house then there has to be some miscommunication with your router. Maybe try without a firewall or not a secure setup to see if it connects. I'm just really starting to learn about this myself so I could be blowing wind and you have more knowledge then me.
Sorry it didn't work.

demp_D-1417

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble conecting to my home Wifi! This started after I tried installing the Ginerbread Keyboad. I even reset my home Router to a different key and it still doest work. Wifi works with with all others routers.

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Captivate for 4 days and I've had problems twice with the phone locating, but unable to connect (acquire IP address?) to our protected router...once when I first bought it and then this morning. I eventually fixed it both times by logging into the router's settings and raising the number of IP addresses available (16 to 17, then 17 to 18). What baffles me is why we would even need 16 addresses in the first place. Altogether, we have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 2 Captivates, 1 iPhone, a PS3 and a network printer currently running. Does anyone know if other IP addresses are saved from previous laptops/phones and visitors that have used our network?

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
my wifi logged into my neighbors across the street. Turns out he has 2 setups. One protected and one non for his kids friends when they come and play games. He even has it set through another computer with no personal info on it.
I was surprised at how strong a signal I'm getting. Don't understand why mine is working so good after the problems I was having. The wifi analyzer program shows topaz, 4 of my neighbors which are protected and a optimum open which I can't connect too. I show 18 channels and mine is set to automatically picking the one it uses.
The analyzer says that there are better channels to use, but when I set my router to use it for the phone it seems to not work has well. I have an Actiontec router on Verizon FIOS. I use their security which is Macafee which I hate. Still it seems is working fine since the ATT girl (hope I'm not disrespecting anyone calling her that) helped me out. She seems to know more then some tech's I spoke too. Plus its not only Samsung phones she is good with from what I saw her do. I will keep you posted, wish it helped others out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463