GPS problem

bearmike

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought a new Samsung Captivate a couple of weeks ago.
I am having gps problems finding my location. It is very slow finding current location if ever, particularly when I am inside. Sometimes it seems to find the location after a while - I am talking several minutes.

I love the phone itself but gps is very important functionality of the smart phone for me. I have been using iphone for a couple of years and this is my first venture into Android world.

After having looked on the net I found and tried three solutions so far:
1) I tried instructions for dialing LBSTest mode. Unfortunately the number posted on the net does not dial for me. It seems to disappear after I enter the last of the digits *#*#1472365#*#*. I guess ATT may not want me to dial this. So I can not get into LBSTest mode.
2) I tried installing Kies. I have gone through installation of both Kies on my PC and connecting the phone to it. It appears to have all worked. However, Kies claims that I have the latest and greatest version of the firmware. No luck there.
3) I tried gpsrestore application. It restored my settings, however still could not find location. So no luck there.

Can someone help with the latest info on this issue.
thanks in advance
Mike

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
There is no fix. Samsung knows about it, but I doubt you will ever see a fix for it. The Galaxy S line of phones are junk if you ask me. Pretty and all, but not worth the hype. I have a Captavate and can't wait to get rid of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2