Well........

vdubguy

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
This is how it went................

aaron : ok when will i be getting an update for my android phone. i have a captivate

aaron : with android 2.1

Belinda Brown: I see you have a question about the new android 2.2 update for your phone. I will be happy to research this for you to provide you that information.

aaron : ok thank you

Belinda Brown: From what I understand, it will be the middle of February.

thats how my live chat went with ATT.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I had fun with one of the chat operators at best buy when my friend was asking them questions. She tried to tell us that there was no difference between the browsers on the Dinc and BB Bold! They usually have no clue.

Back on topic, a rom would be a good way to go if your tired of waiting.

Uncle Spellbinder

Dec 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
The official Froyo update date for AT&T Captivate varies drastically from tech to tech and from Samsung to AT&T. The AT&T wireless tech I spoke with via AT&T customer service told me the soonest would be the end of February. A Samsung csr/tech told me sometime between March and May. While the in-store AT&T tech (and store manager) told me August at the earliest. So I'm betting by the time everyone else has 2.3 Gingerbread, AT&T might have finally updated to 2.2 Froyo.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The official Froyo update date for AT&T Captivate varies drastically from tech to tech and from Samsung to AT&T. The AT&T wireless tech I spoke with via AT&T customer service told me the soonest would be the end of February. A Samsung csr/tech told me sometime between March and May. While the in-store AT&T tech (and store manager) told me August at the earliest. So I'm betting by the time everyone else has 2.3 Gingerbread, AT&T might have finally updated to 2.2 Froyo.

I wouldnt take customer service's word for anything

vinniecaleb

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I think i may add some fuel to this fire... im friends with a gal that is in management at the local att store. I just rooted mine, and am going to put cognition on it tonight. Tomorrow im going in there and say hey im sooo happy You guys finally sent me the update! Check it out its awesome!and im going to convince her and everyone else in the store that att updated it... heck they dont know any better.... and then the next time someone comes in or calls, they will say oh well we have already sent that update... you must not have gotten it. HA ha plus im gonna show anyone and every one how to root their phone for FREE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol