WiFi not working???

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Only device on my network not working nothing changed and never hada problem before but after leaving and using a different wifi wps like i do every week then coming back my wep wifi doesnt work
wont connect ans shows as disabled
computer ipod touch ps3 droid working fine but not captivate

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I posted this over at XDA a couple weeks ago.

Is the issue only on your home wireless? I ask b/c I have had this issue on my phone, I finally logged into my router to find that the IP the phone had was the same as the IP of my pc. So either the router was not assigning a new ip to the phone or it was trying to and the phone didn't want to give it up. I reflashed the firmware on my Router and have not had the issues since.....(knock on wood)

I had a friend who was having issues with her phone not even attempting to scan for wireless, seems there is an issue on android phones that the networking cache file or whatever it is gets cluttered and needs to be renamed. (Android recreates it)

The process is rather simple, I walked my friend through the steps over the phone w/o issues.

I had her use oneclick root/unroot to root her phone.
[PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC) - xda-developers

Then Had her go through these steps to rename the file.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-mom...-networks.html

The steps are for a samsung moment but still work. Also noted that the steps w/o rooting do not work. After you finish renaming the file you can use the application in the first link to unroot the phone and go back to stock

Edit: I would recommend going the router firmware upgrade path first then if still an issue look into renaming the file on the phone.

Francesco45

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The only way I can get my Captivate to work with the Motorola router at my daughter's house is to go to the WIFI screen and momentarily forget the Motorola router and then re-connect. My phone then works fine until I stop using it for a while and then I have to go through the process again. At my house with a Linksys router I have no problems.

Frank

khray

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I found it... Well for the captivate.

Ok, so I have the same problem with Wi-Fi at home. Soo what i would have to do is restart the router and quickly connect my phone to Wi-Fi when it was fresh. Although, when i didn't use my phone for a while the Wi-Fi just shut off.
*What i discovered is, that if you press the menu while in Wi-Fi settings
*You will see 2 options Scan and Advanced
*Then just tap advanced
*At the top you will see Wi-Fi sleep Policy
*Tap on that to get more options
* Then just choose never
It works for me i can leave and go back into wifi anytime...
I hope that helped.

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
These are just glitters that goes away eventually. Whenever things like this happens... retry, then retry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89