Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich

Default Phone shuts off as soon as it is taken off the charger

Well this sucks. Picked up my Captivate yesterday and noticed that it refused to turn on. Put it on the charger and managed to coax it into doing so. However, as soon as I took it off the charger, off it went. The phone will not stay on or turn on unless it is charging. The problem started on Assonance 5.2 but I flashed back to stock and it persists. I'm not sure what to do, this seems like a hardware issue. If I took it back to AT&T, would I be able to get a new device without them realizing that at one point the phone had been running a custom ROM?

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

You shouldn't have a problem as long as you flashed back with Odin.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich

Yeah I did. But I've heard they have ways of telling from some sort of build number. Not really sure though.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

I think that's just a hardware thing, otherwise they would have to create updates for every build number. Just bring it in and show them what's wrong. As long as it isn't obvious you've done something, there shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Buy a new battery?

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by zero3187 View Post
    Buy a new battery?
    That would probably do it, but as long as you have the warranty, might as well get it for free.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich

Started working again, oddly enough.

The wonders of modern technology. I'm glad you didn't have to go through all that drama.

Default Re: Phone shuts off as soon as it is taken off the charger

My phone keeps shutting off. Its says that it has no battery life but it does also it only comes on when the charger is plugged in. But it says it fully charged. I don't know what to do? But as soon as I take it off it shuts off