Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    FireFly 3.0/SpeedMod K13E

Default Navigation voice

So when I open google navigation it asks me to install voice feature. I click cancel and when it navigates there is a voice giving me directions. Why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

I believe its a built in feature of Google navigation. Your telling it no but as long as your running the app the voice feature is being activated. I don't think there's a way to completely remove it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    FireFly 3.0/SpeedMod K13E

sorry I should have been more specific. How do I make it quit asking since its already installed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

There should be a checkbox on the pop up saying Don't ask again. If you're not getting the pop up message anymore you can go to manage applications and clear the data and cache for Google navigator. It will give you a fresh install the next time you open the app.

Is there a way to use a "voice" that is not that stock machine type voice?

To change the voice used for navigation you need to change your "locale" in phone settings.

Hope this helps,

AoN

^^^what I meant is can you customize the voice with a downloaded voice from who knows where

Default Re: Navigation voice

the announcement voice in ice cream sandwich version is horrible. especially in the google maps navigation. It is just Horrible. it resembles a trembling robotic voice. Unbearable to hear when using navigation. I am surprised there is no much comment on this anywhere. I have this in Xoom tablet. But to verify I also checked it in a galaxy nexus with a friend. The voice quality is poor. I am unable to use navigation due to this.
    What am I missing here, pl let me know.