Shortcuts, Widgets and App List vanish then return?

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone on during school and I only use it during lunch and when I must for what ever reason. I come home and then it wont load the app shortcuts and widgets and app list. I have Steven Lins 2.3 skin running and it has continued to do it when I had the TouchWiz skin thinger. I haven't rooted my phone and its currently running 2.1update1.
I have contacted Samsungs live support chat and they clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Marcus: May I know from where you have downloaded the Android 2.3 launcher?
Very Furious: Android Market, it is a skin.
Very Furious: Steven Lin.
Marcus: We do not have the information on the Android market applications as they are third party applications and are not developed by Samsung.
Marcus: That application might be developed for phones running on Android 2.3.
Very Furious: BUT IT HAS HAPPEND WITH TOUCH WIZ, and why would a 2.3 based phone have a 2.3 based skin/launcher. You are clearly confused.

Any ideas?

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The 2.3 Launcher from Steven Lin may not be compatible with 2.1 Eclair, but it is compatible with 2.2 Froyo (it was ported over from the Nexus S). At least that is what the app says - "2.1 Eclair compatible (testing)." Everything else that Samsung said was correct - they have no way to know what you have installed on your phone nor do they keep an accurate tab on all 100,000 apps that are in the Market. And yes, a 2.3 phone could very well have a 2.3 launcher.

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The 2.3 Launcher from Steven Lin may not be compatible with 2.1 Eclair, but it is compatible with 2.2 Froyo (it was ported over from the Nexus S). At least that is what the app says - "2.1 Eclair compatible (testing)." Everything else that Samsung said was correct - they have no way to know what you have installed on your phone nor do they keep an accurate tab on all 100,000 apps that are in the Market. And yes, a 2.3 phone could very well have a 2.3 launcher.

It has happened even without the 2.3 launcher. I know it says 2.1 in the works but thats for the 3D box with the apps. And there is only one 2.3 official device out there and its stock, why would you paint a blue wall the same color blue again if nothing changed?