1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Serendipity VII

Default Help with "My Files"

Is there any way to clean the my files section up a bit? I'm kinda ocd so when i open that section it give me the cold sweats. lol

I'd like to just delete it all out, but i figure there's probably some stuff in there i need. Is there an app that would do this for me, organize it, delete un-needed stuff, etc?

thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pittsm View Post
    Is there any way to clean the my files section up a bit? I'm kinda ocd so when i open that section it give me the cold sweats. lol

I'd like to just delete it all out, but i figure there's probably some stuff in there i need. Is there an app that would do this for me, organize it, delete un-needed stuff, etc?

thanks in advance!
    That's where all your files reside - personal files such as photos and music and also application files. My advice would be just to not open that program and look if you gives you the cold sweats. You start tinkering around in there and some of your programs may start giving you problems. That being said, you can probably delete stuff that you downloaded (in the Download folder) and media and pictures on your external card, although I doubt you want to do that. Everything else I wouldn't touch.
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
    Thanked by:
    pittsm 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Serendipity VII

thanks for the input, any chance of an organization app?

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Everything you see under My Files is the same thing you see when you connect your phone to the computer and view it as an external drive. There are some folders that are there that you don't want to mess with, as I mentioned before. When I connect my phone to the computer I get removeable drive E and removeable drive F. E is where all the app folders are located, plus any .zip files that I have for different kernels and fixes that I have downloaded. It's probably not a good idea to organize E beyond what Android OS has already done. However, drive F is where all of my photos and media are stored. I created folders (using the computer) for all my different media files - photos, music, work, etc. If you have all of your media files dumped on drive E or F without any folders, you can create folders for each type file you want organized - just do it through the computer and move the files into the folders that way. I would recommend moving all of your personal files to the external card (in my case, drive F) just in case something happens to your phone, then all you have to do is pop out your external card and put it in a replacement phone (or new model).
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
    Thanked by:
    pittsm 

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

you can definately sort it and change the way it looks....just hit menu
    to sort "list by" if you list by type it will list folders first in alphabetical order and then files also in alphabetical order.

ROM
    Paragon 5.1

1) Don't just start fldeletibg, you'll mess yourself up.
    2) it is a simplified view of what you see, you arent seeing all of the files and folders that are in there.
    3)It sucks as a file browser, get another from the.market. I use Astro and love it.